Information on Traces (TDS-CPC)
TRACES is a web-based application of the Income Tax Department that provides an interface to all stakeholders associated with TDS administration. It enables viewing of challan status, downloading of NSDL Conso File, Default reports and TDS Cerificates Form 16 / 16A.
NSDL on behalf of the Income Tax Department has announced the shifting of the entire TDS data from their website to TRACES website (www.tdscpc.gov.in).
After the shifting is completed, all the following activities of deductors will be done through TRACES website :
- Registration/ Re-registration of TAN
- Consolidated(TDS) file download
- Download of Form 16/Form 16A
- Download of arrear/defaults if TDS filing
- Viewing Challan Status
- Managing of Profile
- View filed Return Status
- View Claim status of the Challan
- PAN Verification
- Viewing PAN Credit
- Viewing status of Book entry challans submitted (BIN status)
Please note the following changes done in the TRACES website :
- It is mandatory to update the profile for the users migrating from NSDL website to TRACES website.
- The Password for the Consolidated Statement file (TDS) downloaded from TRACES website is the 'TAN_<Request Number>' (example – “CALM00000F_789256” where CALM00000F is your TAN Number and 789256 is the request number for that file).
- The password for the TDS Certificates downloaded is ‘TAN’ (example – “CALM0000F” where CALM0000F is your TAN Number).
Further, TRACES website has made the following changes to facilitate easy migration :
- The step 1 of the registration process is more simplified.
- Link has been provided in the Download menu to download the .CSI file which is used for verification of the Challan details entered in the software.
- Easy e-Tutorials have been provided for understanding the processes involved in the TRACES website. Click here to view the various e-Tutorials.
For any problems you can contact the TRACES team on the following Phone Numbers :
- 1800 103 0344 (Toll Free)
- 0120 4814600